- [Windows] Fixes an issue with an incorrect signing certificate, preventing further updates.
Note: You’ll need to download this update manually, as there’s still a certificate issue preventing updates from previous versions. Further updates should be fine. We’re sorry for the trouble.
Overall simplification of management / positioning of the app window:
- [macOS] The main window is now displayed above the notifications — that’s how a proper menu bar app should behave!
- [macOS] The last app will be focused once the main window is hidden.
- [Windows] The app behaves better when the Start menu is moved while the app is running. Not perfect, but much more usable.
- Fix crash on Windows x64.
Windows users: If you have already upgraded to version 3.1.0 and CashNotify crashes, you will need to perform a manual update. Download the latest version and install it over your current version.
CashNotify 3.1 adds a new Dark Mode, a new dashboard indicator, and big under-the-hood improvements.
Please be aware that CashNotify 3.1 now requires macOS Yosemite (10.10) or newer.
- Dark Mode! You can now choose between a light or a dark theme.
- Added a new dashboard: Number of successful payments.
- Updated some icons to make their meaning clearer. Also, they’re crispier on high-def displays.
- Notarized! From this version onward, CashNotify for macOS is notarized by Apple. This will be a requirement starting with next macOS (Catalina).
- Security improvements, thanks to major dependencies upgrades.
- Error reporting is more verbose — while still being anonymized by default.
- Perfs should be a bit better, especially on older machines.
- Major improvements to our development process. You probably don’t care, but you should — this will let us ship more updates! :)
- Fixed the “Start automatically” option which couldn’t be disabled.
- Fixed some timeout issues when fetching Stripe events.
- Fixed an issue where the UI font would be different than the one we chose — it’d fallback to the system font, which is actually good. We might embrace it in a future update…
- Fixed an issue where the scrollbar could be hidden behind the menu.
- Fixed a potential issue when sharing the revenue graph.
- Some other general improvements and fixes.
- Code-signing certificate for Windows has been renewed. This shouldn’t change anything for users.
At last! CashNotify 3 is a huge release, in the work since early 2018.
It brings 2 new big features — PayPal and Windows — as well as a lot of smaller improvements.
Here’s some highlights:
- Monitor your PayPal accounts, in addition to Stripe’s
- CN3 is now available on Windows, as well as macOS
- Added support for subscriptions (new and canceled events)
- New welcome screen, when no account is setup
- New license system
- Improved currency rates service
- Import old v2 settings if they exist
- And fixed a lot of smaller stuff
Both Windows and PayPal development were painful — PayPal especially.
A big thank you to everyone who helped us throughout our betas!